We expected our people to be identified as one of the programmes through our materiality assessment, reflecting the importance of our people in making Waste Management a sustainable company into the future.
In this programme we are focusing on projects that will enhance and improve opportunities for our teams, both those who are part of Waste Management now and those who will be our future.
Material issuesCulture Diversity and inclusion Employer of choice Health and safety Investment in people
What we are seeking to achieve
• We maintain our ethos that health and safety is our top priority.
• Our team are proud to work for Waste Management and share their waste industry knowledge
• We invest in training and development of our team at all levels.
• We have an inclusive culture and working practices with diversity at all levels of the company.
• We are seen as an employer of choice within New Zealand.
For many years we have understood the critical role we play in safeguarding our future. Our sustainability strategy For Future Generations provides the foundation for our future focus on the sustainability of our company and the communities in which we operate across New Zealand.