Our BusinessWe believe this area reflects the essential and enduring nature of the services we provide and the importance of these to our customers and the community. If our business is not operated sustainably now, it will have a wide-reaching impact, environmentally, socially and financially for New Zealand in the future.
We are focusing on three specific programmes, ensuring essential compliance, reducing carbon through electric vehicles and identifying solutions to problem waste streams. We believe these projects will contribute significantly to the long-term sustainability of our business.
Material issuesCompliance Innovation Integrity Internal systems Long term profitability Regional waste solutions Reporting on demand and on actual weight Social licence to operate Waste minimisation is core business
What we are seeking to achieve
• We develop solutions to suit different-sized markets across New Zealand.
• We are a net-positive business with a strong social licence to operate.
• We have full legal compliance across all of our sites, services and operations at all times.
• We are honest, ethical, and act with strong moral principles of right and wrong.
• We lead the waste sector in positive transitional change to make waste reduction and minimisation profitable.
• We have robust internal systems and processes, with data available to monitor progress against key performance indicators.
• We are profitable over the long-term.
For many years we have understood the critical role we play in safeguarding our future. Our sustainability strategy For Future Generations provides the foundation for our future focus on the sustainability of our company and the communities in which we operate across New Zealand.